Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Why do I pray

I'm sometimes asked, "Brandon, why do you pray for your future wife?" and honestly, it was something that God was dealing with me on. We all know that prayer is powerful, there's no denying it. What batter way to start a relationship than to pray for someone? So I guess that's brought me to the decision to start praying for my future wife. Not only am I praying for her (granted, she's the core subject the majority of the time), but I'm also praying for myself. Praying that God will prepare me for her.

At times, marriage seems so far away and praying for a person you've never met sometimes feels pointless. I don't work with any women, which makes it hard to meet anyone at work. I live in a super small town so meeting someone who lives near me is difficult. No matter what way I look at it, it seems far away. But like I said above, there is no force greater in this world than prayer.

Lord, I pray that you will increase her joy and her faith. Increase her understanding and increase her wisdom. Give her vision and clarity. Lead and guide her daily. Give her integrity to stand up for what is right.


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment