Saturday, January 24, 2015

Praise report

I have a praise report to make. I'll try to give some back story to fill in some gaps. Last year I lost my position where I was working. It was in May. I looked for work and couldn't find it. When I did find it, it was out of state and the pay would never justify the move. I hated to go on unemployment...It makes feel like people are judging me...eventually I broke down and signed up for it. Still out of work, I decided to go back to school to to finish out an education degree I started before I switched my major, so I applied to back to a local university. Got accepted and started classes on January 20. I applied for a position with a company that worked out of the same location as my previous job...people always said that once you leave, you don't come back...I didn't care, I applied anyway. My dad read me this article that I could really relate to. The man in the article was in a similar position as myself. He lost his job and it seemed as if every door was slammed in his face. We prayed after he finished reading that God would move swiftly to open doors in my favor.  The very next day I was contacted by an HR representative from the company I applied to -they wanted to set up an interview for the following day. "WOW" I thought to myself. Going with the swing of things, I set up the interview, and went through the process. The very next day (this is three days after we prayed that God would move swiftly), I was sent an offer letter...

I was literally floored! I know God can do anything -I've seen it, but experiencing it yourself is just...awesome! Even in our mistakes, God will make us prosper. 

Of course I will have to withdraw from the university now, but that's okay...God opened the door back up. :)  I should also mention that the pay was in increase from what I was making before.


For the future wife:

That above story is short and I could explain it better in person, but never stop praying...After I lost my position I spoke and believed that I would go back to work where I was -that door would open back up. I prayed it for about a month and kind of got of speaking it...actually giving voice to what I was believing. If you're believing for something, speak it -speak in into existence, and don't stop if you don't see the manifestation of it quickly. Keep your eyes on God and don't lose sight. Have unshakable faith...I know for me, this has been a trip and has built my faith up. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment