Friday, February 27, 2015

Purpose

Drove to work early this morning -3 A.M. early. You really don't see much on the road around that time other than random deer. Kind of a peaceful drive. It was snowing, the sky was somewhat clear, the fresh snow glistened off the road when light hit it. As most of my morning drives, I was listening to the KLove radio station. About half way through my drive to work, a song came on that really hit me. Here are some of the lyrics: "I'd give up the world to find my soul. Pour out my life give You control. I just want to be what You want me to be. I just want a heart's that true. A heart like You."  The song really resonated in me. I'll be the first to admit that I get distracted occasionally and I slip. Does that mean God doesn't loves me even less? Of course not. His mercy and grace is always there to catch me when I fall. "I just want to be what You want me to be." God's purpose. That's exactly what I want. I want to be in the center of His will for my life. Do I know what it is? I like to think I do. Deep down in my heart I really believe that God's will for my life deals with music. I love playing music -call it my "happy place." It's where I can just lose myself in God's presence and just worship Him.

For the  future wife:
Lord, right now I ask that Your loving arms and presence will just wrap around her. Cloth her in Your grace. I pray that You will give her the desires of her heart. Give her a heart like You. The bible tells us to pray without ceasing...Though we may not see our prayers being answered in the physical, they are being prepared in the spiritual, so I pray right now that she prays until she see's the manifestation in the physical. Guide and direct her step. Keep her safe. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment