Sunday, March 15, 2015

Encouragement

Have you ever written a letter to someone you have never met? It’s staring at a blank canvas. Where to begin, what to say or ask? Questions fill your mind…..

I learned at an early age to be encouraging –to mind what you say – “do unto others…”so to speak. I can remember all through elementary school, and even through Jr High School that some of my friends would make fun of those who were less fortunate than themselves. Seeing how hurt they were afterwards was an awful feeling. I always tried to say something nice or talk to them when no one else would -which always seemed to cheer them up. Even I was occasionally picked on –mostly because my mother was our gym teacher. I was basically labeled the kid that couldn’t get in trouble because his mom was a teacher. My friends were all taller than me so I would always get picked on because of my height. It always made me mad, and I would never let my shortness cause other kids to intimidate me.

Encouragement…it’s a wonderful thing. We should all take the time to encourage someone throughout our day.

Did some random thinking today and a question came to mind that I would like to ask those in a relationship: “Why do you feel the way you do about dating your partner?” Could they come up with an answer?  Believe me, I know the feeling, there is nothing like the feeling of being loved! But if asked the question, could you readily identify any practical reasons? From my relationship experience, I could have come up with reasons –easily. Relationships based on lust probably aren’t going to last. If you are just basing your relationship on looks then it will probably end sooner then you expect. Take the time to get to know your partner. Put forth effort in finding out things about them.

Future wife:

Like the first few sentences state above, writing to someone you’ve never met is hard, but I want to encourage you today. You are one remarkable woman! A woman of noble character! Today you are one step closer to your goals. You are strong, you are worthy, you are beautiful, and you are perfect! Remember, in all that you do. Nothing is impossible with God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment